Advanced Standing Option
免修选项 - 这个程序是不接受申请2019 - 2020。
About the Program
在mscpt免修选项是一个专业的研究生学位课程 允许符合条件的澳门赌场师与bscpt to acquire the MScPT degree. This 12-month program includes both online and on-site courses – a hybrid model providing an enriched educational experience. The focus of this program is on the integration of research to practice.
The program is also offered to physical therapists who are licensed for independent practice in Canada and who received their physical therapy degree from a recognized international program, as evaluated by the University of Toronto. 谁符合资格条件，因此国际化的教育澳门赌场师踊跃申请。
Students have access to the University of Toronto’s extensive collection of online resources to support learning in an environment that is distinguished by academic excellence and research.
- What university background is required?
- What are the components of the program?
- Examples of research projects
- How much are the tuition fees?
- How to apply
- Need more information?
The Master of Science in Physical Therapy Advanced Standing Option is committed to the development of highly competent physical therapists with enhanced research skills that will provide patients with optimal health care in the realm of physical therapy. Central to the goals of the Advanced Standing Option is the assumption that graduates will become active leaders in rehabilitation and health care.
Graduates of this program will be consumers of research, able to gather and analyze evidence, to render sound decision-making and engage in evidence-based practice. Graduates will carry forward their advanced research and leadership skills to practice in unique, complex situations and in new and developing venues in the health care environment.
This program will enhance and expand upon the foundations of physical therapy practice to produce MScPT graduates who will:
- Serve as strong players with exemplary interpersonal skills secure in their evolving role within a changing health care delivery system
- Be academic practitioners who, using advanced technologies will share their knowledge with students, clients, policy makers and other professionals for academic health science environments
The Master of Science in Physical Therapy Advanced Standing Option is one year in length and students graduate with a Master of Science in Physical Therapy degree.
Applicants seeking admission to the MScPT Advanced Standing Option must meet the necessary requirements and submit the transcripts and documentation required by the University of Toronto, School of Graduate Studies (SGS). Students must be proficient in the computer and online environment.
Our program is open to physical therapists 谁已经成功地完成了国家加拿大理疗胜任能力考试 （与个人的例外许可在魁北克练） 并授权在加拿大的独立实践 and who received their physical therapy degree from a recognized international program with a final average of at least mid-B. 国际化的教育澳门赌场师 who meet our eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply.
国际化的教育澳门赌场师 who are not licensed to practice in Canada are not considered for admission to the MScPT Advanced Standing Option program. The first step for internationally educated physical therapists who wish to practice in Canada is to apply to the 理疗监管部门的加拿大联盟 for an assessment of their educational qualifications. If interested in bridging the gaps identified in The Alliance credential review or preparing for the Physiotherapy Competency Examination, please read more about our 国际化的教育理疗桥接方案.
或者，如果有兴趣的研究生在康复科学，请访问澳门赌场 Rehabilitation Sciences Institute.
- PHT 1006y研究和澳门赌场实践方案的评价我（0.75信用）
- PHT 1010y研究和项目评估澳门赌场实践II（0.75信用）
- PHT 1012Y研究和项目评估澳门赌场实践III（1.0学分）
- 选修课程 - 在网上或校园（0.5学分）
pht1006y - 研究和项目评估澳门赌场实践中我
(On-campus – 3 weeks)
pht1010y和pht1012y - 澳门赌场实践II和III研究和项目评估
(Online and on-campus, 325 hours)
Elective Course – Approved graduate course
(Online or on-campus, 0.5 credit)
Students will be required to take an approved graduate elective course to advance their knowledge in areas of relevance to their individual interests and clinical practices.
|Term||Course & Details||Date||Location|
|Fall Term||介绍循证实践和概述，以先进的站立（待批准SGS）||September 5th – 15th, 2017||Online|
|Fall term||PHT1006Y: 理疗实践1的研究和项目评估（0.75学分）||September 18 – October 6, 2017||On-campus|
|Fall, Winter and Summer terms||PHT1010/12Y: 澳门赌场实践2和3的研究和项目评估（1.75学分）||January 2 to July 27, 2018||Online
(Students are required to attend several on-campus sessions in July to present their research, exact dates will be available later in the term)
|Fall or Winter term||Elective: 学生可以在注册网上批准或面对面研究生课程的其他大学的部门||Depends on course chosen by student||在校园或在线（当然如果可用在线）|
Lee T, Norton A, Hayes S, Adamson K, Schwellnus H, Evans C. (2017): Exploring Parents’ Perceptions and How Physiotherapy Supports Transition from Rehabilitation to School for Youth with an ABI, Physical & Occupational Therapy In Pediatrics, DOI: 10.1080/01942638.2016.1261980
Daniels S, Switzer-McIntyre S, Lee AM, Evans C. (Fall, 2016) Supporting Internationally Educated Health Professionals and Their Instructors: An Innovative Clinical Practice Facilitator Role. Journal of Continuing Education in Health Professional Education, 36(4), 269-27
Yeung K.K , Engle LJ, Rabel A, Adamson K, Schwellnus H, Evans C.(August 2016) It Just Feels Weird!: A qualitative study of how children aged 10-18 years describe neuropathic pain. Disability and Rehabilitation DOI:10.1080/09638288.2016.1207107 //dx.doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2016.1207107
Bognar S, DeFaria AM, O’Dwyer C, Pankiw E, Simic Bogler J, Teixeira S, JNyhof-Young J, and Evans C. More Than Just Dancing: Experiences of People with Parkinson’s Disease in a Therapeutic Dance Program. (May, 2016) Disability and Rehabilitation. DO1.10.1080/09638288.2016.1175037
Students also have the option (but are not required) of coming to the University at any time to use on-site University resources such as libraries, computer labs, meeting rooms or to meet with faculty.
The cost of tuition for the 2016-2017 program was $12,121.69. This includes student incidental fees. The fees for the 2017-18 cycle will be set in the summer of 2017.
Please follow these instructions carefully.
- Log into the online application below.
- 在“学位课程”选择“在澳门赌场学硕士 - 一年选节目”，与 Full-Time study selected.
- 完成托福部分（如有必要，详见下文的英语能力要求部分） and 派正式结果多伦多，机构代码0982的大学。
- Be prepared to submit contact information for TWO referees. Be sure to inform your referees that you are doing this and that they will be contacted by e-mail.
- 提交您的付款$ 120（网上支付是首选，但邮寄付款可 - 见下面的全部细节）。
- All applicants are required to upload one electronic or scanned transcript from each post-secondary institution attended, so be prepared to upload a scanned copy of your transcript. Remember to include the legend on the back of the transcript. You will be able to upload documents once you have complete payment.
- Arrange to submit official transcripts from each post-secondary institution you have attended. Transcript(s) should be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Department of Physical Therapy. In the event that you personally pick up the transcript(s), do not open the envelope they are sealed in. The Department of Physical Therapy must receive the transcript(s) in the original sealed envelopes.
- Additionally, official English translations completed by a certified translator for all non-English documentation must be uploaded to the application and mailed to the department.
- Upload all other required documentation (CV, letter of intent, and a scan or photo of your College of Physiotherapists’ registration card) to application. Requirements for these documents are found in the online application.
English Proficiency Requirement
Facility in the English language must be demonstrated by all applicants educated outside Canada whose primary language is not English and who graduated from a university where the language of instruction and examination was not English. Applicants must demonstrate facility in the English language through the successful completion of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), with minimum scores of:
- 基于纸张检测：600 5上的TWE和50上的TSE。
In addition to including the scores in the SGS application, TOEFL candidates must request that results be sent to the University of Toronto, institution code 0982.
Alternatively, the School of Continuing Studies, University of Toronto, offers the certificate Academic English whereby a minimum grade of “B+” in Level 60 meets the English language facility requirement.
All official English facility results reports must be forwarded to the University of Toronto no later than March 31, 2017. English facility test results are valid for two years.
- Recent Curriculum Vitae with the following headings: Background, Education (Post-secondary & Continuing), Professional Development, Employment, Involvement in Research & Professional Activities, Publications, Presentations (for information on how to complete a CV, visit the University of Toronto Career Centre Resumés and Cover Letters page)
- A letter of intent
- Scanned transcripts (including a copy of the legend) and sealed official transcripts from each post-secondary institution you have attended
- If you are an internationally trained PT, you must also submit certified translations for all non-English documentation and a TOEFL score (if necessary); please note that the TOEFL score must be submitted both unofficially in the SGS online application and officially by sending the results to University of Toronto, institution code 0982.
To apply, visit the Online Application website.
Payment of your application fee ($120) must be received by the School of Graduate Studies before your application can be considered.
Online payment by MasterCard or Visa is preferred. It is quick, secure, and handled by a reputable third party (MiraPay). Mirapay provides the School of Graduate Studies with payment confirmation only. SGS and the University of Toronto will not have access to your credit card information. Please note that the process requires that popup blockers on your web browser be disabled.
If you are unable to pay by credit card you may print an invoice from the application and mail it with a certified cheque, money order or bank draft to the School of Graduate Studies (SGS). Personal cheques are not accepted and will be returned, resulting in a delay in the processing of your application. Please allow at least ten business days for SGS to process payment. 请注意，一旦你付款继续，您将无法修改应用程序 （除了更新您的联系信息）。你将能够上传的所有文件，一旦你完成付款。
- All applicants are required to upload one electronic or scanned transcript 从各中学后机构参加。转录物的扫描副本必须是最新的，并且必须包括转录物“传奇”，其通常打印在纸张转录物的背面。更详细的扫描要求并提交可以在下面找到。招生委员会将其对您的应用程序在此基础上扫描的成绩单决定。请确保该文件在提交前完成和可读性。下列选项适用于只从加拿大大学的成绩单：在代替纸质成绩单扫描件，申请者可以上传 PDF file 从他们的大学的学生Web服务的学术史。打印到 PDF directly from your web browser is ideal; if this is not possible you may copy and paste the information into a word processing program and print to PDF from there. Where possible, the file should include the university’s grading legend and your name. Some universities do not include the same information on the student web service as they do on the transcript (e.g., class size or average). If the admissions committee determines that the file is incomplete you may be asked to submit a copy of the transcript instead.
- Additionally, 所有官方文件的成绩单需要在申请时; please ensure that these are received before the application deadline. Your application will not be considered complete and will not be reviewed b the admissions committee until your official transcripts have been received and the information on the scanned transcript verified.
Transcripts should be mailed to:
MScPT Advanced Standing Option
160-500 University Avenue
Toronto ON M5G 1V7
When is the application deadline?
Online applications must be paid for and completed, and supporting documents (including letters of reference) received in the department by 11:59PM on March 27, 2017.